The connection between cannabis and anxiety is tricky. Some users experience relief of the symptoms of anxiety, such as stress and panic, while others experience an increase in paranoia. This is a result of the strain’s THC content.
Fortunately, anxiety sufferers can usually find relief in low-THC, high-CBD strains, as well as some high-THC strains that can help.
Find out more about the best cannabis strains for alleviating the symptoms of anxiety and how to treat anxiety with cannabis.
Best Cannabis Strains for Generalized Anxiety
- Granddaddy Purple: This strain is known for inducing a tranquil mindset that relieves stress and tension, which is helpful for anxiety sufferers.
- Jack Herer: This strain is high in THC, but it’s known for its tapering euphoria that brings calming effects, perfect for relieving the symptoms of anxiety.
- Shark Shock: THC-sensitive individuals may benefit from this high-CBD strain. It offers a 1:1 ratio, which can alleviate the symptoms of anxiety that many cannabis users seek to remedy.
Best Cannabis Strains for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Girl Scout Cookies: This strain has a lot of THC, but studies have shown that PTSD sufferers often have a deficiency of naturally occurring anandamide, which is a compound similar to THC. This strain can replenish this compound for therapeutic effects.
- Painkiller XL: This is a high-CBD strain that promotes clear-headedness, which is perfect for PTSD sufferers. It has a small amount of THC as well, which is balanced by the CBD for relaxation.
Best Cannabis Strains for Social Anxiety
- Strawberry Cough: This strain balances energizing effects with calming effects, giving users a social feeling without paranoia.
- ACDC: This strain is high in CBD, making it a great choice for severe cases of social anxiety. It has minimal psychoactive effects as well, so the result is relaxation, focus, and clear-headedness.
Best Cannabis Strains for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Northern Lights: This is a tranquil strain that’s known to slow the body and mind, promoting a deep state of relaxation. For OCD sufferers, this effect settles nervous compulsions.
- White Sour: This strain has high levels of THC, but it also contains myrcene and limonene. These terpenes promote stress release and relaxation, which eases the compulsions OCD sufferers experience.
Best Cannabis Strains for Insomnia
- MK Ultra: This is an indica strain that has strong sedative effects, making it a good choice for anxiety-induced insomnia.
- Purple Punch: This is another relaxing indica strain that reduces the stress and anxiety that keep anxiety sufferers awake at night.
Visit Euphoria Wellness
While there are many different types of anxiety, and a wide range of different cannabis strains that may alleviate the symptoms, experimentation is key. Finding the right balance of THC, CBD, and terpenes may take some time, but once you find your ideal combination, you’re more likely to experience relief of your troubling anxiety symptoms.
If you want to explore the strain options for treating anxiety, Euphoria Wellness can help. Our experienced staff members will guide you through our menu and help you learn more about the different strains available so that you can find the right one for your needs. Call or stop by today with your Maryland medical card to check out our menu!